Saturday, August 4, 2012

Weekend Wear - New Buffalo Grad Party


Weekends up at our family lake house up in New Buffalo, Michigan are always the perfect ending to a long week. With a beautiful spot on Lake Michigan and the charm of a small town, New Buffalo is the ultimate summer destination. Last weekend we attended a graduation party for Emily's friend, Alexis, which conveniently was held in New Buff {our abbrev-ed version}, where her family has a home as well. While we were both looking forward to a memorable night with friends and family, true to our normal fashion {pun intended?}, we couldn't have dressed more differently - although we both incorporated a dominant pattern! Oh, and we both also love having Caitlin's dog, Macy, as a photo shoot companion. That's three alike points - must be a record!
Love, 
c&e

EMILY
You'll notice as you scroll through the pictures that I had a bit of a wardrobe change. I was initially wearing the dress pictured below, but upon arriving at the party I realized it was a bit too windy to be sporting a flow-y dress {...I had a few too many Marilyn moments which was foreshadowed by the fact that I had to hold my dress down in almost every picture}. I quickly drove back home and changed into a pair of new, woven tribal patterned shorts that I picked up during my stay in Charleston. Not only was I relieved of my wardrobe malfunctions, I was comfier in shorts and a tee - my normal summer wear. As always, my outfit was full on color and low on fuss {well, the second one, at least}...just the way I like it. 
Dress: Roxy {old}; Shoes: Enzo Angiolini; Sunglasses: Target

CAITLIN
Now, these pants probably look familiar, but I have only worn them once {here} and I was looking for a new way to style them. I got this sheer, beaded top last year from TopShop and it the perfect complement to balance the bold floral print. But, the best part of all was that all of the fabrics were lightweight enough to withstand the intense hot, humid summers so notorious in the midwest.
Top: TopShop {old}; Pants: Zara {no longer available}; Bandeau: American Apparel; Sandals: Rachel Zoe; Sunglasses: Chloe





1 comment:

  1. As a friend of Aunt Dotty's, and a native Chicagoan, I thoroughly enjoy your posts! Please post more frequently!

    ReplyDelete