Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Our Take On - J.Crew Tweed Skirt

Well, now that Emily has returned from her cross-country {well cross-southeast-country} road trip, we are back to bring you our takes on, what we wore and more! We'll start with this J.Crew multi-colored tweed skirt that be both coincidentally {or not?} own. Enjoy!
Love, 
c&e 

EMILY
If you're a consistent reader, you've seen me sport this skirt before in our 'getting vested' post. Looking just a bit different this time, the skirt was the perfect item for me to wear to the chloe+isabel trunk show benefiting Susan G Komen I'd been planning for months. I had to incorporate pink into my outfit, and rather than pair it with a neutral piece, it seemed only natural {in sticking with my inherently colorful style} to accompany this neon shirt with a rainbow palette. The multi tweed material is subtle enough, however, that the combo wasn't overpowering or over-the-top. It was just the right amount of color {for me, at least} and was the appropriate level of dressy to wear to the fundraiser!

Blouse: Urban Outfitters; Skirt: J.Crew {no longer available}; Shoes: Vince Camuto {similar style here}; Purse: Deux Lux {gifted}. 



Coral Bracelet: chloe+isabel; Pink Bracelet: chloe+isabel; White Bracelet: Kate Spade; Watch: Michael Kors; Blue Bracelet: gifted. 

Necklace: chloe+isabel; Ring: chloe+isabel

CAITLIN
Since my work dress code is relaxed, I don't have a whole lot of "business casual" attire. So on occasions when I need to dress up for a meeting or "just because," I tend to repurpose the same few items in new ways. This skirt is one of those things. The best thing about it is that the multi-color tweed allows you to wear a variety of colored {or color-less} tops to bring out particular hues within the skirt. Below I wore the skirt two ways: one with a florescent coral blouse {one of my new favorite colors to wear} and another time with a sweet, ivory peplum shift top. So, consider this a twofer :)

Blouse: J. Crew; Belt: ASOS; Necklace: J. Crew {no longer available}; Bracelets: J. Crew {teal- no longer available}, Stella & Dot {spikes}, Alex & Ani {bangles}; Watch: Swatch; Glasses: Warby Parker "Preston"; Bag: Tory Burch {no longer available- similar here}

Flats: Halogen 


Top: Zara; Belt: J. Crew {old}; Shoes: J. Crew; Necklace: chloe & isabel; Bag: Tory Burch {no longer available- similar here}; 

Bracelets: David Yurman {silver cable}, J. Crew {teal- no longer available}; Banana Republic {flower-old}; Watch: Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment