Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Birthday Weekend Wear

This past Saturday night I celebrated my entree to my late twenties :( with a small gathering of close friends at The Southern in Chicago's Wicker Park neighborhood. The bar is perfect for a group of friends with its large outdoor patio and abundance of indoor/outdoor space. Beforehand, some of us grabbed some tacos at Big Star and headed back to my friend's new home in the neighborhood to feast. These photos were taken from her beautiful  rooftop! We ended the night with one of my favorite activities - karaoke - at a nearby bar where we "performed" Total Eclipse of the Heart {and probably not very well}. Needless to say, it was an unforgettable night!

But now onto the outfit...I sported this black maxi skirt with a simple cami and brought along a jacket since it's starting to get a bit chilly at night. Coincidentally, Em and I both wore a bubble necklace - I am sure you have seen them everywhere {and if not, check out Em's post here.}  So, apparently, we are more in sync than we think!

Advance apologies for the lack of full length photos and detail shots. This night was about the celebration!

Love,
caitlin
Emily - shirt: Urban Outfitters {old}; necklace: boutique in Charleston.
My beautiful friends!
The hubs and I.
Jacket: TopShop; Cami: J.Crew; Skirt: Finders Keepers {purchased at Sarca}; Shoes: Tory Burch {old}; Necklace: J.Crew Factory
Soon-to-be birthday girl, hair looking as gorgeous as ever.


1 comment:

  1. I sorta remember my 20's . . . looks like a fun evening!! xo ame

    ReplyDelete