Friday, June 15, 2012

Our Take On - Floral

A year ago, if you asked either of us if we would wear floral pants, we probably would have answered with a resounding "no." Isn’t that the funny thing about trends and how quickly they come and go? As usual, we can’t resist the new “it” item, so we both caved and bought floral bottoms. But, per usual, we couldn’t have chosen patterns and styles on more opposite ends of the floral spectrum. 


Now tell us, which version would you wear?


Love,
c&e


CAITLIN
So evidently, I am going through a pastel phase that I just can't kick. I suppose there could be worse things though, like that Smiley Face clothing phase I went through in the sixth grade. Anyhwo, I usually don't wear this many pastel, flow-y, feminine pieces at the same time, but I love how these all work together. And these pants are quite possibly the most comfortable things EVER {though my husband said they look like fancy sweatpants...maybe he's right but what does he know?}. Thank goodness for casual dress at work!

Maybe next week I'll try to branch out in the Pantone color bridge...
Jacket: Topshop; Blouse: Zara {current}; Pants: Zara {current}; Bag: Chloe {old}


Glasses: Warby Parker; Necklace: Chloe & Isabel




EMILY 
I bought these Zara flowered shorts while visiting NYC in February - a tad way ahead of season, you could say. But when I saw them, I fell instantly in love. They seemed so sophisticated yet fun, and something that could be dressed both up and down. And, I have to admit, I was spot on. I've gotten my money's worth out of these bad boys, having worn them to dressy dinners as well as just running errands around town, as I was in these pics. I was going for a casual look this day, so a white tee seemed appropriate. But fear not, my outfit was colorful as always with my highlighter pink Cambridge Satchel in tow. No, it's not a purse, it's actually a satchel;)

Shirt: Zara; Shorts: Zara; Shoes: Chinese Laundry {old}; Purse: Cambridge Satchel; Sunglasses: Target
Cuff: chloe+isabel; Necklace: Nordstrom {old}; Blue Bracelet: {gift}; Bronze Bracelet: chloe+isabel; Watch: Michael Kors; Double Ring: chloe+isabel.




No comments:

Post a Comment