Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Our Take On - Pastels

This week, we tackle pastels! Comment below and let us know which look you prefer! {We promise not to fight too much about the results.}

Love, 
c&e

CAITLIN
Pink Jeans: Zara; Blouse: J.Crew {I am obsessed with this top and own it in 4 colors}; Scarf: Zara;  Jean Jacket: Gap {similar here}; Shoes: Via Spiga; Bag: Louis Vuitton Speedy; Sunglasses: Tory Burch.

There is nothing I love more than trying to find new ways to wear the same items. I bought these pants from Zara about a month ago on a whim {okay most of my purchases are on a whim} with no real thought on what to wear them with...so I have been experimenting. Low and behold the trusted silk Blythe top from J. Crew comes in handy AGAIN {I have it in 4 colors}, and with a little pop of color from the scarf, a casual jean jacket - boom, I'm done! Okay not yet, the shoes. I got these on sale at Bloomingdale's a couple months ago and am so grateful for the find. They are just the right the right amount of casual/can be dressed up and the perfect summer shoe to go with just about everything!
But of course, no outfit is complete without my pup Macy!

The ultimate accessory, my pup Macy.



Necklace: Aqua


Bracelets: Elements Chicago, David Yurman, Cake for Breakfast;  Watch: Michele; Nail Polish: Opi Elephantastic Pink


EMILY

When brainstorming what pastel item{s} to wear, I knew immediately that I wanted to rock this crochet tank after receiving it as a gift Monday. I had already worn it twice before {because I'm in love with it!}, so I wanted to try pairing it with something completely different and unexpected. Et voila, this Urban silk razorback tank with ruffle detailing that I literally haven't worn since a trip to NYC in the summer of 2010. I totally forgot I owned it, which is so awesome because it feels brand new again! Don't you just love that?

With pastels being a typically feminine look, I decided to offset the frilli-ness of my outfit with some edgy jewelry. In my opinion, you can never go wrong with spikes. Especially when you're sporting not only one, but two different shades of pastels. 

*Side note: I know I desperately need a manicure and pedicure! But something turns me off about paying for one when I know I can I do it myself {although admittedly much worse}!
Crochet Tank: Free People; Blue Tank: Urban Outfitters {old}; Pants: Free People {old}.


Spike Earrings: chloe+isabel; Necklace: chloe+isabel. 
Bracelets, left to right - chloe+isabel, chloe+isabel, chloe+isabel, chloe+isabel.
Watch: Michael Kors; Silver Ring: chloe+isabel; Flower Ring: Forever 21{similar style found here}. 
Sandals: Poetic License



Necklace: chloe+isabel

2 comments:

  1. How is this for a PC response... I love what Cait has on because it is so her style; and I love what Em has on because it is so her. Both great outfits; different styles to fit the different style personalities and both great looks for two great fashionistas!!! Aunt T

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i know what trip to NYC you're talking about ;)

    ReplyDelete