Thursday, June 28, 2012

What2Wear - July 4th

Welp, 4th of July is right around the corner, which means it's time to start thinking about the perfect All-American ensemble. Thankfully, we've done some of the legwork for you. 


Check out our 4th of July looks below! 
Love,
c&e


EMILY 
peace & patriotism



In the past, my 4th of July outfit has always been red, white and blue. I never stray from the patriotic palette for this holiday. In my mind, there are no other acceptable colors to wear. I'm a sucker for a costume, so this is the closest thing to a 4th of July costume.

Knowing that I'll be spending next Wednesday at our lake house in New Buffalo, Michigan, I wanted an outfit that can go from day to night - aka beach to bars. I tried this Free People dress on the other day and knew it would be the perfect item to complete my transition {unfortunately, I had to hold off on buying because there were other items that took precedence}. I paired the dress with some festive accent pieces, my favorite of which is the American flag purse! The two coral inspired pieces {the ring and the cuff} are just the items I needed to complement the beach-y feel of this outfit.


CAITLIN
What 2 Wear - July 4th



I, like Emily, love an excuse to dress up and nod to a holiday. For as long as I can recall, I have always embraced the Americana of 4th of July via my wardrobe. In fact, I used to have "special outfits" our mom would dress us in from Flapdoodles {remember those??} that featured multi-dimensional fireworks, pom-poms-- the whole deal. Thankfully, with age, my taste has matured. But that doesn't mean that I don't love a little embellishment. Take this sparkly anchor top from J.Crew, for example. It's screams 4th of July in a "grown up" manner. As for the accouterments, I am not one to go too over the top, so the rest of my picks balance out the top. I especially love the pink and navy striped shorts from Markus Lupfer. The whole ensemble just feels so nautical and preppy. Perfect for a holiday lake house celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment